A wonderful time was had with 80+ members at The Gathering. We shared laughs, live performances, food and drinks together, and soaked up all the warmth, love and positivity to see us through our multi-year funding application!
Thanks to those of you who have completed the feedback form for The Gathering. The event is always evolving and we take every member’s feedback into account when planning the next one, so please do share your thoughts with us. Here’s the survey link.
All of The Gathering showcase performers are available to book. Promoters, if you were unable to see them live, please check them out on Tourbook: Frankie Morrow; DLU, Catherine Wheels, The Willow Trio, Hebridean Treasure, What Moves You, Fox & Hound, Alex McSherry, Stafford Collett Productions and Jasmin Vardimon.
We’ll be opening a new programming pot in the coming months and of course all of the above acts will be eligible. More on this soon. In the meantime, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a performance in mind for your venue and could use some extra help.
A reminder that Seed Fund is open to all promoter members who need a little space or support to explore new things. Performers can also apply, in partnership with a promoter in our network. It’s a very quick and painless process!
It’s been rather a bleak time for the arts in Scotland so in the joyous spirit of The Gathering here are a few wins from members across the network. What are yours? Big or small, we’d love to know. Let’s celebrate each other.
- Been to Japan to work with The Flames!
- Organised my first independent tour by myself – The Scottish Odyssey Tour.
- Solo inter-rail trip after 40 year break with my senior rail card.
- Just back from an amazing Go See Share trip in Ireland and Cape Breton looking at traditional arts in rural locations. It was fab!
- About to launch a new studio and home for Slanjayvah Danza
- Working with a lead guitarist as a result of Touring Network Funding! This has taken my songs to another level.
- Taking my Hannah Hauxwell show to Hannah’s Farm where I performed it in Rosa’s Byre, and also to a visually impaired group nearby where we wrote a song with the group afterwards.
- Booked a sustainable tour from Shetland to Dumfries and Galloway by public transport.
- Successfully hosted our first island concert, supported by The Touring Network. It was amazing! The first of many I hope.
- Produced my first R&D for a show.
- Connecting to new people, spaces and communities
- Hosted Lau & Cruise sessions independently during the Fringe. Money went directly to the artists, communities and organisations involved.
- Hosted TEC’s first DJ dance night, bringing different music to perform and good pizza!
- Theatre in Schools Scotland is touring our first show specifically for ASN pupils – Moss by Tenterhooks.
- Finished a 5-year plan for artist activities in rural Perthshire.
Our Seed and Access Fund can be used to help promoter members get out and see productions they might like to programme. Here’s a helpful list of member shows currently available for booking, in addition to The Gathering showcases above.
A Bird in the Hand: Special Delivery
Chris Lynott Comedy Autobahn
Curious Seed: And the Birds Did Sing
EQ Dance Co: Sanctuary
Fitkin Wall: Harpland
Hidden Waves Quartet: Coloured Stones
Jennifer Ewan Band: Bonnie Bayou Blues
Jess Smith/Joss Cameron: Where The Feather Falls
John Tantallon/Joss Cameron: Tales From The Witches Sabbath
Julia McGhee: The Morrich Project
Maria MacDonell: Miss Lindsay’s Secret
Morna Burdon: Bonny Fechters
Myshkin’s Ruby Warblers
Nat Cartier: Solo Show
Oddbodies: King Lear
Penny Chivas: Burnt Out
Right Lines Productions: Man Shed
Seamas Carey: Help! I Think I’m A Nationalist
Sharon Took-Zozaya: Finding Petunia Little Tree
Shelagh McKay Jones: Unbroken
Susannah Stark: Early Water Shapes
Theatre in Schools Scotland: various
Tricky Hat Productions: Don’t Stop Me Now
If you would like us to share your shows, please add your listing to Tourbook and/or make sure all info is up to date 🙂