HOW IT WORKS
Finding your feet or getting back on track? The Transition Fund ensures you can pay a fair fee to performers looking to stage a remarkable performance in your community or venue, giving your programming a reboot after a period of inactivity.
What do you Fund?
This is a targeted fund for promoters, venues, village halls or programmers based in our region (Highland, Argyll & Bute, Moray, Orkney, Shetland, Western Isles, and Perthshire).
This fund is only available to Corrie and Cairn Members of The Touring Network.
The fund aims to
- Offer dormant or established promoters a kickstart to their programming activity after a period of inactivity
- Offer emerging promoters a safe start to get going with booking
- Support the touring of all genres of high quality live performance within the Highlands and Islands region
- Ensure Performers are Fairly Paid
- Connect audiences to high quality live performance in the region
- COVID Update: Mitigate the risk of lost income on any live performance events that take place with COVID restrictions in place.
What do you Fund?
This fund is specifically offered those to who fit the criteria above and who are looking for financial support to ensure fair fees are paid to performers when making live performance bookings. This fund will not cover overheads or general running costs for our members.
How is the Fund Distributed?
As a targeted fund, if you are already a member and are eligible to apply, we will let you know. If you are not yet a member, please get in touch to find out more.
Funds are allocated to ensure fair distribution among our network, and priority is given to those without other funding support.
All applicants will be able to demonstrate need for funds and a clear programming vision which aligns with The Touring Network’s.
The Transition Fund is currently a rolling fund, without a deadline. Awards will be announced throughout the year.
COVID – 19 UPDATE:
Thanks to a grant from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and donations from supporters of our ongoing Keep Rural Arts Live Crowfund Campaign we are in a position to offer those Corrie and Cairn members in need the opportunity to apply to this fund to get back on their feet!
total funds available £
maximum award £
I'M INTERESTED IN APPLYING
The below link will take you to the fund page in our members area and requires a log in.
HELP US TO KEEP RURAL ARTS LIVE
We are continuing to fundraise to help world-class live music, theatre, dance, comedy and more to return to the Highlands & Islands when it’s safe to do so.