Supported Programme helps promoters to programme excellent and experimental new work in venues across the Highlands & Islands.
We provide bursaries to promoters in order to help them take risks on certain shows, programme different genres, and encourage new and more diverse audiences to attend their events. Our current priorities with the fund are to support promoters to book shows/acts that:
- tackle equalities, diversity and inclusion issues;
- are dance / physical theatre, new music, innovative children’s theatre, or site-responsive works
- and encourage new and more diverse audiences to attend.
Following the successful showcase at The Gathering in September, applications are open from promoters in the Network who would like financial assistance to programme any of the remaining 12 acts, with bursaries of between £375-£500 available to promoters.
The following performers are keen to confirm their tours asap:
- Company of Wolves / Achilles / touring in May 2019 *looking for 1 more venue*
- BOP Theatre / _____ is Where the Heart Is / touring Jun-Jul 2019 (part of BRAW)
- Alan Bissett / The Moira Monologues / touring Jun 2019
- Saffy Setohy Dance / Bodies of Water / touring Sep-Oct 2019 (part of BRAW)
- Jim Harbourne / The Myth of the Singular Moment / touring in Sep 2019
- Matthew Hall / My Name is Irrelevant / touring in Sep 2019
- Pip Hambly / Kinkens / touring in Oct-Nov 2019 *apply for a bursary by Mon 18 Mar*
The following tours have now been confirmed, and bursaries allocated to promoters:
- Mairi Campbell / Auld Lang Syne / toured Jan 2019
- Shaper/Caper / Within This Dust / toured Feb 2019
- Catherine Wheels Theatre Company / Pondlife / touring Feb-Mar 2019
- Plan B / ‘Tantalus’ and ‘A Pair of Genes’ / touring Mar 2019
- ‘Owdyado Theatre Company / Twisted Tales / touring Mar 2019
- Vanishing Point / The Dark Carnival: Unplugged / touring May 2019 (part of BRAW)
Visit Tourbook to find out more about the shows and performers currently available through Supported Programme, contact the performers directly if you’re interested in programming them, and then apply for a bursary if you need financial assistance.
If you were interested in any of these shows at the Gathering, and haven’t yet been in touch with the performer/producer, please contact them asap so you don’t miss out!
Weren’t at the Gathering? Why not reach out to promoter’s who were there in our Facebook group, and ask them what they thought of the shows??
As well as the showcase acts, there are also a few other tours available, the three tours which have been developed through our audience engagement project, BRAW.